Still trying to get used to the Singapore heat?
- Use anti-perspirant deodorant. You do not want to impose your body odour on people you meet.
- Carry a handheld fan. It will help you stay cool.
- Carry a facial water spray to freshen up on the go. These sprays hydrate dry skin and help to create a naturally dewy look.
- Hair becomes limp and greasy after many hours outdoors. Spritz a bit of dry shampoo to keep your tresses looking fresh and clean throughout the day.
- For women, consider outfits that will keep you cool, such as a sleeveless or one-shoulder top .
- Use a make-up primer to ensure your make-up lasts longer. If you have oily skin, doing so will make it look more matte.
- Choose a bright-coloured lipstick to look fresh. Do not just stick to the usual red, but mix it up with bright pink, orange or plum shades.
- Use a sponge instead of a powder puff when applying pressed powder, as this helps to prevent your make-up from looking cakey.
- For men, look smart longer with non-iron dress shirts.
Read more here.
Yip Wai Yee, The Straits Times, January 31, 2016